SIM Based Neonatal & Maternal Skills
for the EM Provider
This one-day course is designed to prepare individuals for obstetrical and neonatal emergencies seldom seen in the emergency department through a combination of didactic lecture and simulation-based training.
September 10, 2019 - Register Online!
Taught by a SIM Fellowship trained obstetrician along with a team of expert EM SIM trained faculty! Their goal is to instruct attendees on how to successfully navigate the unexpected ED delivery! Great for EM, IM and FM physicians working in emergency medicine.
- Simulated high-risk obstetric and neonatal case presentations
- Focused overview of the management of high risk obstetrical conditions including postpartum hemorrhage, hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, and shoulder dystocia.
- Training and hands-on practice of neonatal resuscitative skills including intubation and umbilical venous catheter placement
- Review of the proper maneuvers for delivery of a fetus in various positions
- Enhance knowledge of critical skills needed to provide a high standard of patient care in obstetrical and neonatal patient emergencies
$695 - Ohio ACEP Members
$745 - ACEP Members
$795 - Non-Members
$655 - Physician Assistants/Nurses
$600 - Residents/Fellows
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians and Ohio ACEP. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 6.25 hours of ACEP Category I credit.
3510 Snouffer Road
Columbus, OH 43235
Click here to access hotel airport and taxi information.
Please contact Ohio ACEP to request ADA accommodations.
Policy and Course Cancellation Information
Refunds will be made upon receipt of a written request at least two weeks prior to the scheduled day of class less a $100 administrative fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than two weeks before your scheduled date.