Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course
2 Course Options - Basic or Advanced!
Basic Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course
Great for EM and IM physicians, NPs & PAs wanting to learn ultrasound technology. 10 hours of hands-on scanning! 18 CME credits available!
Basic Ultrasound Course Dates
March 4 & 5, 2020 - Please call (614) 792-6506 for availability.
April 1 & 2, 2020 - Please call (614) 792-6506 for availability.
May 5 & 6, 2020 - Please call (614) 792-6506 for availability.
June 3 & 4, 2020 - Register Online!
September 2 & 3, 2020 - Register Online!
October 7 & 8, 2020 - Register Online!
November 10 & 11, 2020 - Register Online!
Why Attend Basic?
This course is designed to provide extensive training in the core practical and clinical applications of emergency ultrasound to improve patient care in a busy emergency department. Nearly ten hours of hands-on scanning practice are incorporated into this two-day course developed and taught by nationally known leaders in the area of ultrasound. One-on-one instruction with numerous facilitators learning critical high-yield do's and don'ts for ultrasound in the emergency department.
Basic Practice Scanning Sessions Include
- Physics & Knobology - commonly used systems, image optimization and hand control
- Abdominal - aorta, gallbladder and kidneys; normal anatomy & common emergent pathology
- Extended FAST exam - perihepatic, perisplenic, subcostal & pelvic windows & thoracic scanning
- Procedural - central & peripheral venous access, foreign body, abscesses vs cellulitis & more
- Lower Extremity Venous Compression - ultrasound evaluation of suspected DVT
- Focused Cardiac - global systolic function, chamber size, pericardial effusion/Tamponade & IVC
- OB-GYN - early pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, common abnormal pregnancies & normal pelvic anatomy
- Integral Ultrasound - Beginning to integrate ultrasound into the care of the critical patient
$ 825 - Ohio ACEP Members
$ 900 - ACEP Members
$1,000 - Non-Members
$ 800 - Physician Assistants/Nurses
$ 770 - Residents/Fellows
Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course
Take your skills to the next level! Over 3+ hours of hands-on scanning! 8 CME credits available!
Advanced Ultrasound Course Dates
May 7, 2020 - Register Online!
November 12, 2020 - Register Online!
Why Attend Advanced?
This 1-day Advanced Ultrasound Course is designed to meet the needs of Emergency Medicine professionals that already have a good working knowledge of Ultrasound. Course participants expand their ultrasound capabilities to further incorporate use of ultrasound in the assessment of critically ill patients, as well as improve their ultrasound procedural skills.
Practice Scanning Sessions Include
- Advanced Cardiac – Review of basics + aortic aneurysm/dissection, tamponade physiology, findings of acute right heart strain/PE, systolic function/hemodynamic assessment, basic valvular assessment
- Pulmonary – Thoracic scanning, including evaluation for effusions, consolidation, PTX, CHF
- Resuscitation – Protocols for evaluating undifferentiated hypotension, further integrating ultrasound in the care of the critical patient
- Procedural – Practice thoracentesis, paracentesis, vascular access and FB localization on simulators and much more!
- Soft Tissue/MSK – Abscess identification/drainage, foreign body identification/removal, tendon injury, joint effusion and fracture evaluation.
- Ocular – Scanning technique for evaluation of retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage, increased ICP
$600 - Ohio ACEP Members
$660 - ACEP Members
$710 - Non-Members
$560 - Physician Assistants/Nurses
$530 - Residents
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians and Ohio ACEP. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Basic Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course - The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 18 hours of ACEP Category I credit.
Advanced Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Course - The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 8.75 hours of ACEP Category I credit.
The Conference Center at OCLC
6600 Kilgore Pl
Columbus, OH 43017
Click here for diving directions to the Conference Center at OCLC.
Click here to access hotel airport and taxi information.
Policy and Course Cancellation Information
Refunds will be made upon receipt of a written request at least two weeks prior to the scheduled day of class less a $100 administrative fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than two weeks before your scheduled date.